GIS and Mapping
Click on the links below to explore the mapping resources.
Historical Driving Tour Maps
This package of four maps highlight the historical and scenic attractions of the four townships of Waterloo Region and is a great tool for cyclists, day trippers, heritage enthusiasts, local residents and visitors to the region. The tours take approximately two to four hours to drive and include stops at heritage buildings, landmarks, scenic roads and trails, and more.
The Region of Waterloo has geospatial data for sale. Data is available in the ESRI ShapeFile format (.shp). Review the price list for more information.
Custom mapping services are available. We are able to customize a map or air photo to suit your individual needs for a minimal fee. Pricing depends on the complexity and size of the mapping request.
Hard copy maps are available for purchase. Please refer to the price list of maps that are available.
The Region has air photos available for purchase. 262 sheets cover the entire region. Please refer to the Air Photo Grid Sheet Index for your appropriate tile. Digital versions of the air photos are also available.
Street Map Guide
The 2010 Street Map Guide contains up-to-date street information for the Cities of Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo and the Townships of North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich. The guide contains 76 map sheets covering the entire Waterloo Region with a street index for fast look-up.
Settlement Map Guide
The Settlement Map Guide provides maps of the main residential settlement and industrial areas in the Townships of North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich.
Cultural Mapping Project
A region-wide cultural mapping project to create a cultural information database was undertaken in 2008 in collaboration with local Area Municipalities. The Executive Briefing of the Study and a full copy of the Final Report are available for download.
Maps to Regional Buildings
- Administration Headquarters -150 Frederick St., Kitchener
- Emergency Medical Serivces Headquarters - 120 Maple Grove Rd., Cambridge
- Grand River Transit Headquarters/K-W Maintenance Depot - 250 Strasburg Rd., Kitchener
- Joseph Schneider Haus - 466 Queen St. S., Kitchener
- Mannheim Water Treatment Plan - 2069 Ottawa St. S., Kitchener
- Operations Centre - 100 Maple Grove Rd., Cambridge
- Public Health & Social Services - 99 Regina St. S., Waterloo
- Public Health & Social Services - 150 Main St., Cambridge
- Region of Waterloo Library Headquarters - 2017 Nafziger Rd., Philipsburg
- Region of Waterloo International Airport - 4881 Fountain St. N., Breslau
- Sunnyside Home - 247 Franklin St. N., Kitchener
- Waterloo Landfill/Waste Management Centre - 925 Erb St. W., Waterloo
- Waterloo Region Emergency Services Training & Research Complex - 1001 Erbs Rd., Township of Wilmot
- Waterloo Regional Police Headquarters - 200 Maple Grove Rd., Cambridge
- Region of Waterloo within Southern Ontario
Click the links below to view the available base regional maps.
- Bicity - 1:25,000 Colour
- Cambridge - 1:12,000 Colour
- Cambridge - 1:20,000 Colour
- Kitchener - 1:12,000 Colour
- Kitchener - 1:20,000 Colour
- North Dumfries - 1:25,000 Colour
- Region - 1:60,000 Colour
- Region - 1:60,000 Colour Full
- Region - 1:60,000 B&W
- Region - 1:100,000 Colour
- Tricity - 1:25,000 Colour
- Tricity - 1:50,000 Colour
- Waterloo - 1:12,000 Colour
- Waterloo - 1:20,000 Colour
- Wellesley - 1:25,000 Colour
- Wilmot - 1:25,000 Colour
- Woolwich - 1:25,000 Colour