GIS and Mapping
The Region offers a number of mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services and resources.
Map & Data Requests
The Region has air photos available for purchase. 262 sheets cover the entire region. Please refer to the Air Photo Grid Sheet Index for your appropriate tile. Digital versions of the air photos are also available.
Hard copy maps are available for purchase. Please refer to the price list of maps that are available.
Custom mapping services are available. We are able to customize a map or air photo to suit your individual needs for a minimal fee. Pricing depends on the complexity and size of the mapping request.
The Region of Waterloo has geospatial data for sale. Data is available in the ESRI ShapeFile format (.shp). Review the price list for more information.
Data is also available through the Region of Waterloo's Open Data Catalogue.
Street Map Guide
The 2014 Street Map Guide contains up-to-date street information for the Cities of Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo and the Townships of North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich. The guide contains 76 map sheets covering the entire Waterloo Region with a street index for fast look-up.
Settlement Map Guide
The Settlement Map Guide provides maps of the main residential settlement and industrial areas in the Townships of North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich.
Historic Countryside Tours Maps
The Historic Countryside Tours booklets highlight the historical and scenic attractions of the four townships of Waterloo Region and is a great tool for cyclists, day trippers, heritage enthusiasts, local residents and visitors to the region. They are available in four separate accessible maps:
Or as a condensed high-resolution package of four maps.
The tours take approximately two to three hours to drive and include stops at heritage buildings, landmarks, scenic roads and trails, and more. The tours are now available for handheld and tablet devices.
Interactive Mapping Application - Historic Countryside Tours in Waterloo Region
Cultural Mapping Project
A region-wide cultural mapping project to create a cultural information database was undertaken in 2008 in collaboration with local Area Municipalities. The Executive Briefing of the Study and a full copy of the Final Report are available for download.
Maps to Regional Buildings
- Administration Headquarters 150 Frederick St., Kitchener
- Emergency Medical Services Headquarters 120 Maple Grove Rd, Cambridge
- Grand River Transit Headquarters/K-W Maintenance Depot 250 Strasburg Rd, Kitchener
- Joseph Schneider Haus 466 Queen St S, Kitchener
- Mannheim Water Treatment Plan 2069 Ottawa St S, Kitchener
- Operations Centre 100 Maple Grove Rd., Cambridge
- Public Health & Social Services 99 Regina St. S., Waterloo
- Public Health & Social Services 150 Main St, Cambridge
- Region of Waterloo Library Headquarters 2017 Nafziger Rd, Philipsburg
- Region of Waterloo International Airport 4881 Fountain St N, Breslau
- Region of Waterloo Municipalities
- Sunnyside Home 247 Franklin St. N, Kitchener
- Waterloo Region Emergency Services Training & Research Complex and Landfill 925 & 1001 Erbs Rd., Township of Wilmot
- Waterloo Regional Police Headquarters 200 Maple Grove Rd, Cambridge
Base Map Directory
Click the links below to view the available base regional maps.
| City|| Scale|| Township|| Scale|| Region|| Scale|
| 1:25,000||North Dumfries Colour|| 1:25,000||Region Colour|| 1:60,000|
|Cambridge Colour || 1:12,000||Wellesley Colour|| 1:25,000||Region Colour Full|| 1:60,000|
|Cambridge Colour|| 1:20,000||Wilmot |
| 1:25,000||Region B&W|| 1:60,000|
|Kitchener Colour|| 1:12,000||Woolwich Colour|| 1:25,000||Region Colour || 1:100,000|
|Kitchener Colour|| 1:20,000|| || || || |
| 1:25,000|| || || || |
| 1:50,000|| || || || |
|Waterloo Colour|| 1:12,000|| || || || |
|Waterloo Colour|| 1:20,000|| || || || |