Small Drinking Water Systems

If your business or organization provides unrestricted access to drinking water for the public and your water is not directly from a municipal supply you could be operating a small drinking water system. These systems need to follow the requirements of Regulation 319/08 under the Health Protection and Promotion Act.

Small drinking water systems can include but are not limited to:

  • Motels
  • Bed and breakfasts
  • Restaurants
  • Gas stations
  • Trailer parks or campgrounds
  • Churches, mosques, synagogues, temples or other places of worship

Adverse Water Quality Reporting

Owners and operators of small drinking water systems are required to report incidents of adverse water quality (e.g. presence of total coliforms, E. coli, or contamination from chemicals) to Public Health immediately.

To report an adverse water quality incident call 519-575-4400.




Contact Us