The Region of Waterloo's Waste Management Division provides residential blue box, green bin, garbage, yard waste, and large item collection in all seven area municipalities - the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo and the townships of North Dumfries, Wilmot, Wellesley, and Woolwich. The Waste Management Division also operates the Region's one landfill and several transfer stations. The Division is committed to excellent and responsive service while reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
We are here to help! If you cannot find the waste management information you are looking for on this or on our other web pages, please contact our office at 519-575-4400 or by email.
Yard waste collection reminders
- Collection ends this month! The last week for Cambridge, Waterloo, and North Dumfries, Wellesley, and Woolwich Townships was November 16 to 20. The last week for Kichener and Wilmot Township is November 23 to 27
- Check out collection details and schedule: Tri-cities, Townships: Please refer to your 2015 Waste Collection calendars North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot, and Woolwich. Alternate formats of the calendars are available upon request. Please call 519-575-4400 or TTY 519-575-4608 to request an alternate format
- No plastic bags, please. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected. Please use paper yard waste bags, or reusable (garbage can) containers. Place a large bright coloured ribbon on the handle or yard waste sticker on the side. Call 519-575-4400 to request a yard waste sticker
- No limit! Set out all of your properly-prepared yard waste on your scheduled collection day
- Only yard waste organics. Please sort out any litter, recyclables, and garbage
How to prepare for collection on a windy day
Our changeable fall weather can include windy conditions. Help prevent litter by following these Tips for a windy day. Thanks for keeping our community clean!
Fall collection tip for your green bin
A "roundabout" way to get to the Cambridge Waste Transfer Station
Savage Drive in Cambridge is closed at Franklin Boulevard until (approximately) the end of November as the Region is constructing a roundabout there. All traffic will have to turn east on Clyde Road (off of Franklin), then south on Dobbie Drive, and then east on Savage Drive to the transfer station. We apologize for in any inconvenience and thank you for your patience during the construction.
Keeping informed just got easier with eNews!
Sign up for the Waste Management Division electronic newsletter to get recycling tips, seasonal collection details, upcoming events, and so much more.
Enjoy keeping informed in a paper-less way!
Waterloo and Cambridge waste management sites are open
Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for residential drop-off
except for statutory holidays