The Region of Waterloo's Waste Management Division provides residential blue box, green bin, garbage, yard waste, and large item collection in all seven area municipalities - the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo and the townships of North Dumfries, Wilmot, Wellesley, and Woolwich. The Waste Management Division also operates the Region's one landfill and several transfer stations. The Division is committed to excellent and responsive service while reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
We are here to help! If you cannot find the waste management information you are looking for on this or on our other web pages, please contact our office at 519-575-4400 or by email.
Waste changes are coming in 2017
The collection changes will result in several benefits:
Read more about the collection changes and benefits.
Introducing My-Waste app - Collection information and reminders at your fingertips!
This new, free app is for homeowners in Waterloo Region with curbside collection. It offers:
- easy-to-find waste information and
- a quick set up for set-out reminders for our collection programs.
Download this free app from the App Store or Google Play. Blackberry users can access my-waste functions via Pingstreet, available through Blackberry World. An online version is available, too!
Reduce time and waste. Get the app!
Attention Township residents!
The new waste collection calendars for 2016 have been delivered and are also available online. If you did not receive your new calendar and want a copy, please email email@example.com or call 519-575-4400 to request one.
Household hazardous waste depot is now open at the Cambridge Transfer station!
The Cambridge Waste Management site is now accepting a wide range of household hazardous waste, located at 201 Savage Dr., Cambridge, Monday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on statutory holidays.
How to prepare for collection on a windy day
Our changeable weather can include windy conditions. Help prevent litter by following these Tips for a windy day. Thanks for keeping our community clean!
3 tips for keeping your containers collectable in wintery weather
- Keep it visible and accessible: Shovel snow, and place your items at the end of your driveway, not on top of snowbanks. Green bins, blue boxes and garbage cans placed on top of or behind snowbanks, on sidewalks, or buried in the snow pose a safety hazard to pedestrians, vehicles and our collection crews. If you shovel a ledge in the snowbank for your blue box, please make sure it's on the road-side, not the sidewalk-side.
- Don't set items to the curb the night before collection if a storm is expected. Place your items at the curb by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Write your address on your collection containers in permanent marker. This makes it easier for them to be returned..
Collection tip for your green bin
Keeping informed just got easier with eNews!
Sign up for the Waste Management Division electronic newsletter to get recycling tips, seasonal collection details, upcoming events, and so much more.
Enjoy keeping informed in a paper-less way!
Waterloo and Cambridge waste management sites are open
Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for residential drop-off
except for statutory holidays