In 2016, there were 1,374 farms in Waterloo Region, covering 214,975 acres of land. Of these, 69 per cent raised livestock, while the remaining 31 per cent grew crops. In 2015, farms in Waterloo Region generated $563.6 million in revenue, up $90.7 million from 2010. For more information, please see the 2016 Census Bulletin on Agriculture.

This table reflects the number of farms in the region’s municipalities

Agricultural Census Bulletins:

Contact Us