Provincial Offences Court and Traffic Tickets


Courts appearances
The Provincial Offences Court Office is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm for front counter service Monday to Friday (Excluding Statutory Holidays). 

First Appearance Courts, Early Resolution Meetings and Trials are being heard both in person or virtually by telephone and/or Zoom. Video is required for all trial appearances by Zoom. 

If you receive a Summons to Defendant at the roadside for a mandatory court appearance, you can attend in person or virtually by Zoom in Courtroom 101. The Zoom details are listed below for Courtroom 101. 

Courtroom 101:          Zoom or by phone 647-558-0588

                                      Meeting ID:  931 6838 0776

                                      Meeting Passcode:  629083

Courtroom 102:          Zoom or by phone 647-374-4685

                                      Meeting ID:  957 1989 1825

                                      Meeting Passcode:  899539

For appearances by Zoom, please read the user guide before your scheduled appointment. For all court appearances, the Ontario Court of Justice has a guide for defendants for Provincial Offences Court matters.

If you have requested early resolution (option 2 on the ticket), you will receive a notice by mail giving you the date, time and phone number or zoom link to speak with the Prosecutor. You can request a meeting and check the status to see if a meeting has been set online.

If you are choosing the trial option, the Notice of Intention to Appear (NIA) is no longer required to be filed in person. Complete the NIA form, send by mail or email. If you have requested a trial, you will receive a notice in the mail once a date is scheduled. You can also check the status to see if a date has been set.

Full payments for all types of POA charges can be made on-line. Payment can also be made by mail, in person, by phone 519-745-9446. The Court must have record of the offence and payment must be for fines issued in Waterloo Region to be completed by phone.

For fines in the Waterloo Region that total $1,000 or more contact our collections department for payment options.

For more information, contact Region of Waterloo Provincial Offences court by email

The Provincial Offences Court, located at 77 Queen St. N., Kitchener, is responsible for the administration, courtroom support and prosecution of Provincial Offences Act offences as well as municipal by-laws within the Region of Waterloo. The most common violations fall under the: …

  • Highway Traffic Act
  • Liquor Licence and Control Act
  • Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act

Other violations include, but are not limited to, offences enforced by the Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of the Environment and Department of Natural Resources.

Please note! The Provincial Offences Court does not send out reminders by TEXT message. If you see a payment reminder on your phone as a text message it is a scam. 

Criminal, family and small claims court matters are administered through the Ministry of the Attorney General

Court hours and location 

All Provincial Offences matters in the Region of Waterloo are administered through the Kitchener court location located at 77 Queen St. N.  

  • The Office is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
  • For more information, please contact Region of Waterloo Provincial Offences court by email

Metered and paid parking for 77 Queen St N. options: small parking lot beside courthouse, Kitchener public library both underground (beside 77 Queen) and above ground parking (opposite side of library). 

Automated Speed Enforcement (speed camera ticket)

The Region of Waterloo uses Automated Speed Enforcement (ASE) which is an automated system that uses a camera and a speed measurement device to help enforce speed limits in school zones and community safety zones. 

Your Date of Deemed Service is the date you should receive your ticket by mail. Your 15 days to respond starts from this date. You must choose one of the following three options (see FAQ's below) within 15 days, otherwise you are deemed not to dispute the charge and a guilty plea may be entered in your absence. 

For payment online or by phone, the court must have record of your offence, this can take up to 3 days after your Date of Deemed Service. If you want to pay the ticket before the court has record of the offence, please attend in person to 77 Queen Street North, Kitchener and bring your ticket with you. Otherwise, your ticket will be available for payment online or over the phone 3 days after the Date of Deemed Service.

Please visit the Region of Waterloo's Automated Speed Enforcement page for more information. 

Please visit the Province of Ontario's Automated Speed Enforcement page for more information.

Check the Status of Your Ticket

Agents, Lawyers and defendants can check the status of a ticket.

What to know before you start

This service allows you to quickly and conveniently check the case status of your traffic tickets and other provincial offences.
  • It may take 10 or more days after you are given an Offence Notice or ticket for your case to appear in the system.
  • The system does not include information about criminal matters or cases involving parking tickets, appeals, publication bans or young people.
  • For security purposes, your session will expire after 20 minutes of inactivity and all information entered will be lost. The system will provide you with a five minute warning before your session expires.

What you'll need

  • The location code and offence number printed on your ticket.
  • If you have been issued a summons, you will need your case number, which includes the offence number in order to use POA Online Services. You can contact the municipal court office for this information.

Ticket Status

To pay a fine

  • Online:

  Pay Tickets online

  • By mail: Send a cheque, money order (payable to Region of Waterloo) or credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) to:

        The Region of Waterloo - Provincial Offences Court
        77 Queen St. N. 
        Kitchener, ON  N2H 2H1

  • Telephone: You can call us at 519-745-9446,  from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
  • In person: from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Monday to Friday

Frequently asked questions


What are my options if I receive a certificate of offence?

You must choose one of the following three options within 15 days, otherwise you are deemed not to dispute the charge and a guilty plea may be entered in your absence. 

Option 1: Plea of guilty - voluntary payment of total payable  

You are stating that you are guilty and you must pay the total payable at the bottom of your ticket. You can pay the fine in person, by phone, online, or by mail.  Payment can be made by credit card, money order, cheque or Visa/Mastercard debit. For your protection, please do not send cash by mail.

Option 2: Early resolution - meet with Prosecutor

You can meet with a Prosecutor to discuss the possible resolution of the charge by requesting an appointment online or by checking off the box on the ticket and mailing it to the court. You will be sent a meeting notice to the address on file. Appointments are scheduled either in person or remotely, by phone or by zoom. You will be provided the contact information to call or zoom in for your appointment. You must notify the court if your address changes. Guide to defendants.

Option 3: Not guilty - trial option

If you decide that you are not guilty and would like a trial, you or your representative, must complete a Notice of Intention to Appear (NIA form) and return it to the court by email or by fax 519-745-0520. You will be notified of your upcoming trial by mail. Check the status of your court date, once a date is scheduled it will be available here. If you do not appear for trial, you may be convicted in your absence. Guide to defendants.

What if I decide to exercise Option 3 and I am unable to attend my trial date?

If you cannot attend your trial date, you can complete and return a first adjournment request and email it to the Trial Coordinator for a new date to be assigned. You can also visit the court and file a request for first adjournment or you can file a motion with the court to request an adjournment. The first adjournment must be accepted by the Prosecutor's Office and filed with the court ahead of the trial date before the date will be changed.

Why are there two amounts on my ticket?

A victim fine surcharge is levied on every Provincial Offence Act fine. This surcharge is imposed by the Provincial Government and is used to maintain and expand services to victims of crime.

What if I am convicted in absentia?

If you do not choose one of the options within 15 days, you are deemed to have failed to respond and do not wish to dispute the charge. As a result, you may be convicted of the offence and will be required to pay the total payable plus an additional cost. You can contact the court for options once a conviction has been registered.

What if I don't agree with the outcome of my trial?

If you disagree with the outcome of your trial, you can file an appeal within 30 days of the conviction.  You can obtain the necessary appeal paperwork from the Provincial Offences Court and the paperwork will be filed at the Provincial Courthouse at 85 Frederick St. in Kitchener.

How can I obtain disclosure prior to my early resolution meeting or trial date?

The Prosecutor's Office will provide disclosure, which may include a copy of the officer's notes, witness statements, and/or accident reports if they are applicable to your charge. You can obtain disclosure by calling 519-575-4804 and choosing Option #1; by fax at 519-745-4967; or by email. Please be sure to include your first and last name, court date and time, early resolution or trial, offence number; your telephone number or your fax number (if requesting disclosure to be faxed). For general inquiries, email the Prosecutor's Office.

What if I receive a roadside summons? 

If you receive a summons at the roadside or one is served on you at a later date, you must attend court in person or by zoom on the date and time indicated on your summons. You can also call 647-558-0588 with the meeting id: 931 6838 0776 and meeting passcode:629083. You cannot postpone or reschedule this mandatory court appearance. 

Can I meet with a Crown Attorney regarding my summons? 

In person meetings with the Crown Prosecutor are available on a first come, first serve basis at the Provincial Offences Court building located at:

77 Queen St North, Kitchener, each Friday (excluding holidays) from 11:00am to 1:30pm.

If you are interested in an in-person resolution meeting, please attend and sign up on the list. Please note that appointments are limited and cannot be booked in advance.

Why is my driver's licence suspended? 

If you fail to pay your ticket by the due date, your driver's licence can be suspended. You will be notified of this suspension by the Ministry of Transportation. To have your driver's licence reinstated, all of the outstanding fines suspending the licence can be paid at any Service Ontario location (same day return) or you can pay at any Provincial Offences Court office (4 business day return). Service Ontario can only receive payment for fines that are already suspending. The Court can receive payment for all fines outstanding against the licence. The reinstatement fee is paid at Service Ontario. If your licence is suspended for anything other than unpaid fines, you must contact the Ministry of Transportation directly at 1-800-303-4993. To check the status of your licence, the Ministry of Transportation now has an online look-up.

How can I find more information about being a self-represented Defendant? 

If you wish to dispute a ticket, please read the options carefully on your ticket. If you select Option #2 Early Resolution or Option #3 Trial, you can learn more about court processes by reviewing the Ontario Court of Justice Guide for Defendants in Provincial Offences Cases.

For more information on appeals check out the Guide to Appeals in Provincial Offences Cases.

How can I find more information on Automated Speed Enforcement tickets?

The Region of Waterloo uses Automated Speed Enforcement (ASE) which is an automated system that uses a camera and a speed measurement device to help enforce speed limits in school zones and community safety zones.  Please visit the Automated Speed Enforcement page for more information.

How can I find more information on Red Light Camera tickets?

The Region of Waterloo uses Red Light Cameras (RLC) as a tool to help reduce the number of vehicles running red lights. The camera will take photographs of vehicles that enter the intersection against a red signal. Please visit the Red Light Camera page for more information.

Provincial Offences Court Forms

POA Court forms are available at any Provincial Offences Court in Ontario. 


 For more information, contact our Provincial Offences Court Office in the Region of Waterloo by email

Contact Us

Provincial Offences Court
77 Queen Street North Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1

Provincial Offences Court 519-745-9446
Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TTY) : 519-575-4608
Fax: 519-575-0520
Email: Provincial Offences Court
Map this Location.