Sexual Health Services

If you've experienced a sexual assault, you have the following options:

  • Go to the emergency department of St Mary's Hospital in Kitchener or Cambridge Memorial Hospital in Cambridge
  • Call the Sexual Assault Domestic Violence Treatment Centre at 519-749-6994 (located at both St. Mary's and Cambridge Memorial hospitals)
  • Call the police at 911
  • Call the Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region at 519-741-8633

Public Health offers non-judgmental and confidential services in our sexual health clinics. Our sites are LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning) positive and sex trade workers are welcome.

All services are free and most do not require a health card.

Clinical Services

Our Sexual Health Clinic hours are currently reduced and visits are by appointment only. There are no drop-in clinics and there is a limited number of appointments.

If you have a sexual health related emergency, please visit a local emergency department or walk-in clinic.

If you have questions or are looking for sexual health information, please visit the following websites:

Family doctors, nurse practitioners, walk-in clinics/urgent care and University/College Student Health Services provide sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections (STBBI) testing/treatment, pap tests and birth control. The Sexual Health Clinic does not receive test results any sooner than other health care providers.

Please call Region of Waterloo at 519-575-4400 Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. if any of the following applies:

  • You are under 25 and require access to contraception and pregnancy services such as:
    • Birth control (low cost and prescription)
    • IUD insertions including follow-up concerns and removals with assessment
  • If you are a post secondary student or over the age of 25 and looking for birth control, please see your family doctor, walk-in clinic or University/College Student Health Services, or our community partners:
  • You are a youth and would like more information or access to clinical services, or by visiting the Puberty and Youth Sexual Health page
  • You need access to emergency contraception (all ages)
  • Urine pregnancy test and pregnancy options (all ages)
  • You require the following STI services AND you are under 18, OR any age but do not have a health card AND/OR access to a health care provider:
    • Assessment of STI related symptoms
    • Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (including Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and HIV)
    • Hepatitis C testing based on risk
    • Access to free HPV, Hepatitis A and B vaccine based on eligibility criteria
  • Information regarding self referral for PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for HIV)
  • Access to free condoms and safer sex supplies

Services not offered by the Sexual Health Clinic:

  • Point of Care HIV testing (not at this current time)
  • Routine pap screening
  • Liquid nitrogen for the treatment of HPV (genital warts)
  • Testing or treatment of yeast, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, mycoplasma
  • Testing or treatment for urinary tract infections
  • Assessment of pain, sores or bumps in the mouth or throat, including cold sores
  • Assessment of scabies, crabs or lice
  • Assessment of sexual dysfunction (erection and arousal difficulties)
  • Testing or treatment of infertility, miscarriage or menopause
  • Testing or treatment of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
  • Assessment of dyspareunia (painful sex)
  • Hepatitis A or B immunity testing
  • Blood tests for herpes

If you need assessment for any of the above concerns, please see your family doctor, walk-in clinic or University/College Student Health Services. In case of emergency, please call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency department.

Contact Us